🎟️ Get Your Ticket! 🎟️
What is the Ham Radio Crash Course?
Started by Josh Nass (KI6NAZ) as a YouTube channel, Ham Radio Crash Course (HRCC) has evolved into a rapidly growing community of radio ethusiasts that are excited to grow in the hobby, and help others grow as well.
Ham Radio Crash Course is an inclusive community focused on normalizing ham radio, getting people licensed, having fun with everything the hobby has to offer and keeping the bands alive.
-Josh Nass, KI6NAZ
Who may register for this testing session:
- Anyone with an interest in obtaining a new Amateur Radio license or upgrading their existing licenses.
- You may take multiple elements in a single appointment; we just ask that you have studied and are ready to pass.
Fees and Payments
- The HRCC VE Team provides exams free of charge via our association with SANDARC VEC.
- If requested, we will provide exams for minors under age 18 through the ARRL VEC. While they charge $5 for the exam, they will reimburse the FCC application fee on submission of a receipt.
- There is a $35 application fee payable directly to the FCC for new licenses after your application is submitted. There are no fees for upgrades. More information will be provided at your exam session.
After you register, you will receive a confirmation email from our testing provider ExamTools and a link to the Zoom meeting.
Requirements for testing
- A laptop/computer with stable internet connection, camera, and audio. You may use a phone or tablet as a secondary device to show the room around you.
- A modern browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- The ability to use Zoom as the video conferencing platform (a paid Zoom account is not required).
- A testing space that is clear of study materials and clutter. This place will also need to be where no one will disturb you during the exam. (Some great examples include: a porch, bathroom, patio, a spare bedroom, and others. Be creative!!!)
- A photo ID
If you have questions or any difficulties meeting these requirements, please contact us. We are happy to discuss your different options.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help you however possible.