Kilowatt ARC - Quick & Easy Online Testing
ARRL exam fees of $15 must be paid in advance. ZOOM instructions and links will be sent after payment. We have several options avaliable for your convenience.
- You can use https://www.paypal.com/us/home for payment. Send payment to...
- OR you can make payment via credit card at Square Up here,
We can also accept bank to bank via Zelle. Ask for details.
Payment by check can be arranged if done in advance to ensure receipt of payment prior to exam day.
All fees collected go straight to the ARRL. Our Volunteer Examiners are just that, volunteers.
Neither the club, nor the VEs, will receive any compensation. Their reward is your success!
Bring the following to the exam session.
A legal photo ID and a Federal Registration Number (FRN).
To obtain an FRN you need to:
- Create a CORES account with the FCC (if you have not already done so): Click here... https://apps2.fcc.gov/fccUserReg/pages/createAccount.htm
- Sign into your CORES account: Click here... https://apps.fcc.gov/cores/userLogin.do
- Select "Register New FRN" and follow the instructions.
When filling out the registration on-line, please fill it in completely. Phone number and middle initials are important, as is your e-mail address. If you are upgrading your license, you must register with the name as it appears on your current license.
PLEASE NOTE: Effective 4-19-22 The FCC now charges an application fee of $35 for new license grants, and vanity callsigns, (excludes license upgrades and address changes). However, you do not pay us at the session. The FCC will email you a link where you can remit payment. You will have ten (10) Calendar days to do so.
NOTE: We upload results immediately. This can result in receiving your license within 1 to 2 normal work days. Good luck!