San Diego ARRL VE TEAM - Online Exam - 6:30 PM PACIFIC
San Diego VE Team
The ONLINE exam session via Zoom starts at 6:30 PM PST. Applicants are tested one at a time and may be asked to join at scheduled times during the exam session.
The cost of the test is $15.00. If you pass the test you may proceed with the next test at no additional cost. You should be prepared and ready for all exams you wish to take. If you are passing your practice exams with consistent scores of 85% or better, you are ready for that exam. If you fail your test and want to retest, there will be an additional $15.00 fee. Pay at https://km6zqb.square.site
Registration is required if you wish to attend this session. If you register, we expect you to show up on the test date. Testing is in high demand and by not showing up you are preventing someone else from testing. Please be considerate. If you cannot attend the test session after registering, DO NOT wait until the last minute to let us know. Contact Heather KM6ZQB at KM6ZQB@qsl.net.
To register click register below.
What you need:
- Must have a stable Internet connection
- TWO devices which both have camera capabilities. 1) Mac or PC/Windows computer. 2) Smart Phone, tablet or second computer with webcam.
- If you want to use a primary device which is not a Mac or PC/Windows computer, please contact use BEFORE the exam. We may or may not be able to accommodate other devices.
- $15.00 Exam Fee must be paid before the exam
- A legal photo ID (driver’s license, passport) ** If no photo ID is available, two forms of identification a. Non-photo ID/Driver’s License (some states still have them) b. Birth Certificate (must have the appropriate seal) c. Social Security Card d. Library Card e. Utility Bill, Bank Statement or other business correspondence that specifically names the person; or a postmarked envelope addressed to the person at his or her current mailing address as it appears on FRN account.
- Students/minors may use any of the above items and/or a school ID, minor’s work permit, report card, or a legal guardian may present a photo ID.
- An FCC issued Federal Registration Number (FRN) is required by anyone wishing to take an exam and you will create on during the registration process.
- Please provide any Certificates of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) you may hold from previous exam sessions if your license or upgrade has not been issued by FCC.
- A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed or you may use the calculator on the same computer on which you are using for the exam.
- One clean sheet of paper on both sides.
- You may not have any written notes or calculations into the exam session. Slide rules and logarithmic tables are acceptable, as long as they're free of notes and formulas.
- Cell phone must be silenced or turned off during the exam session and the phones' calculator function may not be used. In addition, iPhones, iPads, Androids, smartphones, smartwatches, Blackberry devices and all similar electronic devices may NOT be used as a calculator. However, they may be used as a second device for video.
Contact Heather Parker at KM6ZQB@qsl.net if you need to cancel or have other questions!
Note: As of April 19th, The FCC requires that you follow up your application to the FCC by logging in the pay a $35 fee within ten days. The VEC will submit your application usually on the 1st business day you successfully passing your exam. This only applies to new license, renewals and vanity call sign applications. Upgrades are not included in the fees.