WV4ARS (ARRL VEC) In-Person Test Session
WV4ARS-West Volusia Amateur Radio Society
Note that this is an IN-PERSON exam session to be taken in DeLand, FL. We start the test promptly at 8:00 am.
St. Johns Lodge No. 37, 2557 North Spring Garden Ave., DeLand, FL 32720
Please arrive between 7:30 AM and 7:50 AM to finalize the paperwork before the test.
For additional information: https://westvars.org/
The cost of the test is $15.00. If you pass the test you may proceed with the next test at no additional cost. You should be prepared and ready for all exams you wish to take. If you are passing your practice exams with consistent scores of 85% or better, you are ready for that exam. If you fail your test and want to retest, there will be an additional $15.00 fee. We accept exact cash.
If you need information on how to prepare for your exam, we suggest you start here: http://hamradio.world/get-licensed/
Registration is required if you wish to attend this session. If you register, we expect you to show up on the test date. Testing is in high demand and by not showing up you are preventing someone else from testing. Please be considerate. If you cannot attend the test session after registering, DO NOT wait until the last minute to let us know. Contact Dave Templeton at email@example.com .
To register click register below.
DO NOT come to this test if you have not registered! We have limited space for testing due to COVID Restrictions, you will be turned away.
What to Bring:
- A mask if you need one. Masks are not required. Social distancing will be provided.
- $15.00 Exam Fee in exact Cash
- A legal photo ID (driver’s license, passport)
- If no photo ID is available, two forms of identification a. Non-photo ID/Driver’s License (some states still have them) b. Birth Certificate (must have the appropriate seal) c. Social Security Card d. Library Card e. Utility Bill, Bank Statement or other business correspondence that specifically names the person; or a postmarked envelope addressed to the person at his or her current mailing address as it appears on FRN account.
- Students/minors may bring any of the above items and/or a school ID, minor’s work permit, report card, or a legal guardian may present a photo ID.
- An FCC issued Federal Registration Number (FRN) is required by anyone wishing to take an exam.
- If applicable, bring either a photocopy of your current Amateur Radio license or a reference copy printed out from the FCC website, the license information printed from ARRL website or QRZ website, or the original(s) and photocopy(s) of any Certificates of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) you may hold from previous exam sessions. If your license has already been issued by FCC, the CSCE showing license credit is not needed. The photocopy(s) will not be returned. Instructions on how to obtain an official FCC license copy are on the ARRL Obtain License Copy web page.
- Two number two pencils with erasers and a pen.
- A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed.
You may not bring any written notes or calculations into the exam session. Slide rules and logarithmic tables are acceptable, as long as they're free of notes and formulas. Cell phone must be silenced or turned off during
the exam session and the phones' calculator function may not be used. In addition, iPhones, iPads, Androids, smartphones, smartwatches, Blackberry devices and all similar electronic devices with a calculator capability, may NOT be used.
Contact Dave Templeton at N4NG@icloud.com if you need to cancel or have other questions!