- Time: Test-takers should arrive by 10:00 AM.
- Place: Sandpoint Library (Community Room A or B)
1407 Cedar St, Sandpoint, ID 83864
- A Photo ID is required to take the test.
- All Applicants must have an FCC issued FRN. If you have never registered with the FCC, you need to so at this link: https://apps.fcc.gov/cores/userLogin.do. This is the new Commission Registration System ("CORES") system that replaced the legacy CORES system on 7/15/2022.
- Exam Fee: No exam fee!
- FCC Application Fee: The FCC is charging an $35 application fee effective April 19, 2022, that applies to new licenses, renewals, and requests for a vanity call sign. The fee will be per application. Other updates, such as upgrades to an amateur radio licensee’s operator class or a change of name, mailing or email address, are exempt from fees. The fee must be paid directly to the FCC; further instructions will follow.