N7KSW GLAARG Online Exam Session 5878 | 10:00 (10:00 AM) PST | FREE for minors, students w/current ID, first responders, active military, and veterans
Feb 13, 2022 (Sun)
Remote session - see session notes
Greater Los Angeles Amateur Radio Group
23 / 21 slots claimed
Notes from the team:
Hello there and welcome to this session! We are excited to get you licensed and/or upgraded! Please see the information about the session below. Do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions or requests!
FCC Amateur Radio Licensing Registration
- Open to any person interested in taking a US FCC Amateur Radio Exam.
- All license classes (Technician, General, and Amateur Extra) are available.
- This session is only for taking the amateur radio exams.
- You can be from any state or country.
- Multiple exams are available for the same fee. Please make sure you have studied sufficiently for any levels you wish to test for. This is not a place to “try” taking the exam without adequate preparation.
- Exam fees are WAIVED for minors (under 18 years of age), students with a current ID, first responders, active military, veterans, and GLAARG VEs upgrading to Extra. You may submit the waiver form (which will be emailed to you a few days before the session) if you qualify.
- You will get an email closer to the exam date with a link for you to pay the $10.00 fee. This email will also contain the link to the waiver form. You will additionally get your applicant PIN once you have registered.
- Please either pay or submit the waiver form as soon as you are able to after receiving the email.
- Before the session, you will be emailed information on how to attend the session's Zoom meeting.
- Having the Zoom application installed is preferable, but you do not need to pay for or have a Zoom account. Joining the session is free and does not require an account.
- We prefer that you have a working laptop or desktop computer with sound and video. If you only have a tablet or some other device, please contact me and we will be happy to work with you.
- You may use a phone or tablet as a secondary device to show the room around you and to share your ID if your main device is not moveable or does not have sufficient camera quality.
- You must have a stable internet connection, a web camera, sound, and be able to access a modern web browser.
- Please become familiar with using the Zoom application menu and options. Make sure you have the latest version of Zoom working on your device and that you know how to join a meeting functionally.
- Have a testing environment that helps you focus on taking your exam. It should be clear of study materials and clutter as well as not interrupted by people, pets, or noise. It is preferable to use a single room rather than the “center of the house.” Some great examples include a porch, bathroom, patio, spare bedroom, and any other clean spaces. Be creative!
- If under the age of 13, please fill out the COPPA Parental Consent Form and email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
This session is full!