Capital City VE Team IN-PERSON VE Session
|Date:||Dec 04, 2021 (Sat)|
|Location:||3962 Archer Pkwy, Cheyenne, WY 82007, USA
|VEC:||American Radio Relay League (ARRL-VEC)|
The Capital City VE Team will be hosting an IN-PERSON session on Saturday, December 4, 2021.
The session will be held in the training room at Laramie County Emergency Management, 3962 Archer Parkway, Cheyenne, WY 82001. Doors open at 08:30 and the session begins promptly at 09:00. Please note this is a secured government facility and face coverings/masks are required upon entry! Because of COVID-19 restrictions we have limited seating. Should we exceed capacity we may ask those who have arrived later to wait until there is an available seat.
• If you do not have an FRN number, we recommend registering with on the FCC’s website PRIOR to the exam! This will assist in processing and in some cases, expedite the processing of your exam. Online registration can be found at https://apps.fcc.gov/cores/userLogin.do and then click on “Register” under the “Need a Username” heading.
• We recommend filling out the FCC Form-605 and bringing it to the exam session! This is a fillable PDF form and makes your license application clear and legible. Complete the form, print it, and bring it to the exam session. The form can be found at https://www.glaarg.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/NCVEC_Form_605_2017_fillable.2017.08.24.pdf
• If you currently hold an Amateur Radio License, please bring a copy of your license to the exam.
• If you have recently tested and will be claiming credit from a CSCE, bring both a copy as well as the original of the CSCE.
• Exam fee is $15.00, payable by cash (please have exact amount)
• If you pass Element 2, you will be given the opportunity to take Element 3. If you pass Element 3, you will be given the opportunity to take Element 4. We strongly recommend taking the next element even if you have not studied for it as it will give you the opportunity to see what is on the next exam!
• If you fail an element, re-take is at the discretion of the VE Team Lead. If given the opportunity to re-take a failed element, there is an additional $15 fee!
Come prepared to pass the exam!!!
We recommend using https://hamstudy.org to study and take the practice exams! The Tech (Element 2) and General (Element 3) are closely related and with diligence on your part you could easily pass both Element 2 and Element 3 in the same exam session!
Exam session paperwork and results are mailed to the ARRL for processing, which has been taking 2-3 weeks. We recommend checking the ULS Database about 10 days after your exam to see if your license has posted! Once your license has posted, you can begin transmitting and using your equipment! The ULS database can be found at https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchLicense.jsp
For additional information contact Greg, N7GT, via email at email@example.com
|Slots available:||1 / 20 slots claimed|